Louise Crichton Property Search is owned by Louise Crichton. The postal address for the business is Second Floor, Berkeley Square House, Berkeley Square, London W1J 6BD. Louise Crichton is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with registration number ZA198025.
If you have questions about this policy or your personal data, please contact Louise Crichton Property Search by writing to the office address above or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Protection”.
For the purposes of applicable data protection and privacy laws (Data Protection Laws) Louise Crichton is a controller of your personal data and is therefore responsible for deciding how and why personal data is used and for keeping it safe.
When Louise Crichton Property Search collects personal data
Louise Crichton Property Search collects personal data (meaning information which relates to an identifiable individual) in a number of ways. These are described in more detail below.
Often the personal data Louise Crichton Property Search holds is provided by the individual it relates to, for example when someone:
- enquires about services (for example, by telephone, email or in person);
- registers or becomes a client; or
- provides their contact details and asks to receive news or correspondence.
Louise Crichton Property Search also processes personal data relating to dealings with individuals, which can include:
- contact details included in correspondence (for example, email signature information);
- information generated in the course of providing property search services; or
- bank details relating to payments received.
Occasionally, where a potential client is introduced to Louise Crichton Property Search by a third party, Louise Crichton Property Search may receive contact information about that person from the third party.
What personal data Louise Crichton Property Search collects and who it relates to
If you are a client of Louise Crichton Property Search, the personal data that Louise Crichton Property Search processes may include:
- personal details and contact information (such as name, address, telephone and email address);
- title, gender and date of birth
- passport, driving licence, bank statements and utility bills (for identity verification); and
- information about your source of funding.
Louise Crichton Property Search does not usually process sensitive personal data (other than someone’s nationality, which is contained within their passport); however, it may be possible to determine sensitive personal data about someone based on information held about them.
Louise Crichton Property Search also processes personal data (such as names, address, telephone and email) on individual contacts at businesses and other organisations (such as professional advisers).
Why Louise Crichton Property Search processes personal data
Louise Crichton Property Search will either use personal data on the basis of someone’s consent (provided it is freely given, specific, informed, unambiguous and positively given) or because Louise Crichton Property Search needs to for one or more of the following reasons:
- perform a contractual obligation owed to that individual (i.e. to provide property search services);
- in order to comply with legal obligations (such as obligations imposed by Data Protection Laws); and
- to pursue the legitimate interest of operating and promoting the success of the Louise Crichton Property Search business (such as using contact details for business development and to build and maintain business relationships).
Louise Crichton Property Search uses personal data to contact people from time to time. This might be because that person has engaged Louise Crichton Property Search to provide property search services or asked to be kept up to date with news about Louise Crichton Property Search.
Louise Crichton Property Search will only contact individuals in a personal capacity by email or SMS text marketing if they have specifically asked to receive such communications. Louise Crichton Property Search may contact people by post (either personally or by way of a leaflet drop) or by telephone (provided they are not registered with the telephone preference service).
Louise Crichton Property Search sometimes sends emails to other companies and organisations without their prior consent in order to promote services and build relationships. If you receive such a communication, it is because Louise Crichton Property Search thinks these communications may be of interest or relevance to you on the basis of previous dealings with you or a recommendation from a third party.
You can change how you hear from Louise Crichton Property Search or unsubscribe from marketing at any time by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Unsubscribe.”
Cookies and the Louise Crichton Property Search website
Louise Crichton Property Search does not normally collect personal data about website visitors unless they choose to provide such information (such by filling in a website form).
Louise Crichton Property Search may collect anonymous information about visitors to www.lcps.co.uk in order to optimise and improve the website. This might include IP addresses, browser or device details and the connection type (e.g. the Internet service provider used). However, none of this information will, by itself, directly identify any particular user.
Recipients of personal data
Personal data you provide will be kept private and confidential and will not be disclosed or shared with other data controllers without your consent, other than in exceptional situations. For example:
- if Louise Crichton Property Search is legally required to disclose personal data, such as to law enforcement, or pursuant to a request from a regulator or a court order; or
- (if necessary) with professional advisers such as lawyers or accountants
Third parties who provide professional services to Louise Crichton Property Search (for example, IT providers and accountants) may on occasion have access to personal data held by Louise Crichton Property Search. However, these service providers will only access personal data on Louise Crichton Property Search’s behalf, for specified purposes, and in accordance with strict instructions.
Louise Crichton Property Search only uses third party service providers who have provided sufficient guarantees that your personal data will be kept safe and will always ensure there is a written contract in place which protects your personal data and prevents it from being used for any other purpose.
How long Louise Crichton Property Search stores personal data for
Louise Crichton Property Search only stores personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) it was collected for, or for related compatible purposes (such as record keeping, in order to comply with legal and regulatory and requirements or because information may be required if a claim later arises).
When deciding how long to retain personal data for, Louise Crichton Property Search will determine the appropriate retention period for personal data by considering the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from its unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which your personal data is processed and whether Louise Crichton Property Search can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Once personal data is no longer required it will be securely destroyed.
How personal data is kept safe
Louise Crichton Property Search takes care of your information and has security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, damaged or destroyed, altered or disclosed. These include both physical security measures (such as keeping paper files in secure premises and shredding them when no longer required) and electronic security technologies (such as device encryption and anti-virus software).
In the unlikely event of a data breach, Louise Crichton Property Search will notify you, the ICO and any other relevant regulatory body of a breach when legally required to do so.
Louise Crichton Property Search normally only stores personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, some of the third-party services Louise Crichton Property Search uses may be provided by international organisations and/or companies which are based outside the EEA (such as the Microsoft corporation). Before using such service providers, Louise Crichton Property Search will take steps to make sure that any personal data they process is adequately protected and transferred in accordance with Data Protection Laws, usually by one or more of the following methods:
- ensuring the recipient is in a country which the EU Commission has deemed provides adequate protection for personal data;
- implementing appropriate safeguards such as requiring the recipient to enter into Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the appropriate data protection supervisory authorities; or
- (if the recipient is based in the USA) transferring personal data to recipients who are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
If none of the above apply, we will only transfer personal data pursuant to a derogation under Data Protection Law which allows us to do so.
Your rights as a data subject
Data Protection Laws provide you with certain rights in relation to your personal data. These are as follows:
- The right to access your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of your personal data.
- The right to request correction or completion of personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information corrected.
- The right to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask Louise Crichton Property Search to delete or remove personal data (though this may not apply where there is a good, lawful reason to continue using the information in question). You also have the right to ask to have your personal data deleted or removed where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- The right to object to processing of your personal data. You can object to Louise Crichton Property Search processing personal data for legitimate interests purposes or for direct marketing.
- The right to restrict how your personal data is used. You can limit how Louise Crichton Property Search uses your information (other than to store it for use in the event of a legal claim).
- The right to have a portable copy or transfer your personal data. Louise Crichton Property Search will provide you, or (where technically feasible) a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note this only applies to automated information processed on the basis of your consent or in order to perform a contract.
- The right to withdraw consent. If Louise Crichton Property Search is relying on consent to process your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Louise Crichton Property Search will try to respond to all personal data requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. Please also bear in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and some situations where they do not apply.
Louise Crichton Property Search may need to request additional information from you to help confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. Louise Crichton Property Search may also contact you to ask you to clarify your request.
Fees for making a request
You will not normally have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, Louise Crichton Property Search may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, Louise Crichton Property Search may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
How to make a request
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact Louise Crichton Property Search by writing to the office address or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Protection”.
Your right to complain to a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority (which, in the UK, is the ICO) if you are not satisfied with the response by Louise Crichton Property Search to a data protection request or if you think your personal data has been mishandled. For further information on how to make a complaint, please visit https://ico.org.uk.
Updates to this policy
Louise Crichton Property Search will update this policy from time to time, so please check back. The current version will always be posted on www.lcps.co.uk
This policy was last updated on 25th May 2018.